Geologist/GIS Analyst – Dublin
Gavin and Doherty Geosolutions (GDG) is currently looking for a suitable candidate to fill the role of Geologist/GIS Analyst at our Dublin office.
The ideal candidate will be fluent in both Spanish and English. This person must have min 3 years of direct experience of GIS mapping, preferably with a background in geological mapping.
Experience in geomorphology/geotechnical field surveying is desirable. A good appreciation for quaternary geology, particularly landslides, will be beneficial.
The position may involve:
– GIS data collation and processing
– Geological mapping
– Landslide hazard and risk mapping
– Geological/geotechnical field surveying
– Technical report writing (in Spanish and English)
– SI and other works managing and supervision
– Geological and geotechnical Interpretation
– Client interface and company representation at meetings
– Reporting to senior and principal engineers
The position will primarily be based in the Dublin office (Churchtown) but may involve some travel in Ireland, the UK and central America for meetings, site inspections and short-term field surveys.
Desired Skills and Experience:
– Min 3 years’ experience as a Geologist or GIS Analyst
– Excellent command of both Spanish and English
– Proven track record and portfolio of GIS mapping projects
– Field survey experience
– BEng or MSc degree in geology, GIS, Earth Sciences or relevant field
– Experience and proficiency with technical report writing and presentations
– A full clean drivers licence
– Previous experience with landslide hazard and risk mapping will be beneficial
Candidates should also be highly organised and motivated individuals with effective communication skills, a good work ethic, and a commitment to technical excellence, personal efficiency, and career progression through Continued Professional Development.
How to Apply / Contact:
Applications including CV should be emailed to the following address: email@example.com
For further information, please see: www.gdgeo.com/about/recruitment
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.