Job Opportunity at GeoDirectory
“GIS Technical Manager“
Click the link below for the full job description
Apply by 31st October 2018
GIS Technical Manager Job:
GeoDirectory has an exciting new role for a GIS Technical Manager at GeoDirectory. The key purpose of the role is to increase the variety, availability and reliance of data and associated services in GeoDirectory.
The ideal candidate must:
Hold a Degree qualification in Geographic Information Systems (GIS) or an equivalent qualification that has GIS as a significant module within it.
- Have at least 2 years satisfactory relevant GIS experience.
- Have demonstrable knowledge and experience in the following areas;
- ArcGIS desktop and ArcGIS Server.
- Spatial databases and database management.
- Data extraction, conversion, cleaning and analysis.
- Map design and production.
- Experience in the creation, maintenance and interrogation of spatial datasets.
- Knowledge of data quality issues, standards and metadata.
- Previous work with the GeoDirectory database would be an advantage.
Candidates must also:
- Have strong IT and graphic skills and proven ability to present maps and documents to a high standard.
- Possess excellent problem solving and analysis skills.
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to explain complex GIS technical concepts to non-technical users.
- Be a good team player.
- Be results orientated and be flexible in a changing environment.
- Strong planning & organisation skills – Project management skills would an advantage.
- Proficiency in the use of MS office including Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
The Salary will be in line with market trends and will be agreed with the successful candidate.
The contract is an initial fixed term two year contract.
Closing Date & Application
Please apply by sending a CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference GIS Technical Manager GeoDirectory in the subject line. The closing date for application is 5pm on Wednesday 31st October 2018.
Background on GeoDirectory:
GeoDirectory provides a geocoded postal building database that has become the standard of addressing in Ireland. GeoDirectory was jointly established in 1999 by Ordnance Survey Ireland (OSi) and An Post. GeoDirectory and the role is based in the GPO in O’Connell Lower in Dublin 1.
GeoDirectory has a broad set of customers across a number of sectors. GeoDirectory data enables utility companies, emergency services, taxi companies, insurance companies, banks, government agencies etc to accurately locate any address in Ireland.