Senior GIS, and Research Analyst
Future Analytics Consulting Ltd.
We are currently seeking to appoint a Senior GIS and Research Analyst to our research team who will work directly alongside our Head of Analytics to manage and deliver key research projects for public and private clients. We’re looking for a candidate that has track record as an analytical thinker, is a self-motivated individual who is detail orientated and possesses a commercial understanding of the importance of evidence-based analysis, insights, visualisation and timely delivery. The role is based in Dublin City Centre (Dublin 2).
- As a senior role, applicants should have in the region of 5 years’ experience working in a relevant geospatial research profession, desirably with exposure to the urban planning, land-use, property or economic sectors in Ireland. Applicants with less, can provide detailed examples of relevant experience.
- Expertise in geospatial analysis and geoprocessing methods (must be a pro with ArcGIS and QGIS).
- Comfortable using Excel to create formulae and pivot tables to tease out solutions, evaluate, transform and configure data from disparate sources.
- Has some ArcGIS Online WebApp development experience (Widget Modification, Data Management).
- Has exposure to visualisation and Business Intelligence (BI) products, such as Adobe and Tableau.
- Excellent analytical report writing, communication & presentation skills are essential.
- An ability to translate clients research questions into actionable pieces of analyses, supported by relevant and current data points.
- An ability to demonstrate their GIS and research expertise in examining topics, identifying existing or creating new datasets and investigating patterns e.g. knowing or having ideas about how to estimate the number of people potentially affected by flooding, how to go about using population growth figures and planning information to estimate increasing/decreasing demand for school capacity, or how to calculate the number of potential customers for a new business and identify trends and predict patterns based on socio-economic factors.
Even better if you:
- Have a commercial outlook on business (e.g. working to timelines, budgets and project planning).
- Have experience in or have a desire to become a Team Lead with the ability to manage a multi-
disciplinary team across a range of projects simultaneously.
- Have experience in analytical methods such as regression, classification, prediction.
- Are knowledgeable about trends in the wider GI and Analytics sectors.
- Enjoy solving challenges, discovering solutions, and working on projects which cover a range of different subject areas.
For further information please email Noelle Ferrett Noelle.firstname.lastname@example.org
Please email your application letter and accompanying CV to Noelle Ferrett Noelle.email@example.com
before 15th August 2019.